Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives Of Katherine Of Aragon And Juana, Queen Of Castile

Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives Of Katherine Of Aragon And Juana, Queen Of CastileSister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives Of Katherine Of Aragon And Juana, Queen Of Castile by Julia Fox

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I received this book as part of the first-reads program from goodreads.This book tells the story of two remarkable women that were sisters who became the queen of England and the queen of Castile.The book covers more of Katherine of Aragon than it does Juana of Castile.Juana of Castile doesn't have as many historical records and accounts left for us today as Katherine does so I found that to not be the fault of the author.This book was well researched by the author and written more in the manner of a historical fiction than a dry history book.I truly loved this book and have read many books about Henry the VIII and Katherine of Aragon yet this writer still taught me a thing or two.I loved reading the parts about Katherine's wedding to Authur because the author painted a very vivid account of the grand scale of what was involved and who was present to the clothes they were wearing and the cost involved.Katherine and Juana came from an amazing and powerful family and in this book you get to learn about them as well.This book is not just about the sisters themselves but about the most powerful men and women ruling Europe during the time.I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves history,royals,or historical fiction.I have to say Julia Fox did an amazing job with this book and I look forward to reading more from this author.I give it 5 starts for the ease of reading and the research that went into this wonderful book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment